Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wonderful Terrible Movie



Should I be ashamed to admit I watched this movie last night? That I was excited to watch this movie? Well, regardless of your answer, I'm not ashamed. Because it was hilarious. I love bad movies, movies that try to be good but just end up so bad, especially ones featuring beasts of any kind. Also I think you can learn more about the craft of writing from godawful things like this than you can from The Greats. It's much easier to see the glaring, horrible mistakes in a script like this than to understand what works about something that seems perfect. At least, it is for me.

Everything was so wonderfully terrible. Embarrassing script, laughable acting, cheap CGI effects, and a freaking oversized shark breached the water to eat an airplane full of people inside. I haven't seen such a good bad movie since Trog.

No comments:

Post a Comment